Sunday, January 9, 2011

Today I did something I haven't done since high school...

No it wasn't have a competition with my friends to see how many guys I could sleep with. It was running.

I didn't run very far or very fast but I did move faster than a walking pace for multiple steps. My thighs are already burning and I can feel the adrenaline still running through my body. Was I being chased you might wonder or perhaps late for work? Both much more realistic options than why I was actually running.

Apparently I am going to subject myself to the ultimate torture- paying to be humiliated by hundreds of runners in a 5k. In order to not be completely ashamed I've decided to do the following preparations:

1. Run... well at least what I call running is more properly described as quickly stumbling and heavy breathing
2. Quit Smoking... I'm out of shape enough as it is that I don't need to add each lung tar on top of the burden
3....well I'm not sure what 3. will be but I'm sure that some other damn thing will come up and I'll have to add it to the list...

Hopefully with that winning formula I will be able to come in at least 2nd to last... Well only time will tell..

No comments:

Post a Comment