Tuesday, January 4, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

I awoke in the middle of the night with the stark realization that I did not hear that wretched song this entire holiday season. Usually I hear it so much that I can feel justified in my hatred of that song. However, now that is no longer the case I find myself yearning for it. I am infuriated at my other self for feeling this way.

On a lighter note, this morning while I am pondering all of this I am in the middle of using the bathroom when I hear the chickens making one hell of a racket. This definitely sounded not like "oh I'm shitting an egg out of my chicken vagina so I'm making a lot of noise" racket but more borderline "something is trying to eat us and all I know to do is make these wretched sounds" racket. This leaves me in such an awkward position...Do I a) finish my business and go out at a later time when perhaps the whole flock is massacred or b) suck it up, do a quickie, grab the MAG light, throw on my polka dotted boots and haul ass out there...no pun intended.

Well ..(spoiler alert) if i knew what i knew when I got out there I would have chose a) However I am too sensitive to find all there lifeless bodies lying around so I went with b) in the 27 degree morning in my leopard striped pajamas, carhartt, and polka-dotted boots wheeling a MAG light around that apparently isn't working to find that nothing at all seemed to be happening...

yup the anti climatic end to that story is that they were just making the "oh I'm shitting an egg out of my chicken vagina so I'm making a lot of noise" racket... I should have known then to just get back into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment